By Laura Varnon, Marketing Coordinator
If you are shopping for a hot tub, you might want to consider the top 5 reasons not to buy from a traveling hot tub show. We are basing these reasons on comments we have heard directly from customers of a traveling spa show, who later came to us for service or water care products.
- Quality – Are the hot tubs high-quality? Have you read any reviews of the product? We recommend you do this when you are shopping for any hot tub, regardless of where you purchase it.
- The hot tub may look great at the show. It has a cover, cover lifter and steps. But when it gets to your house, it’s the spa only. And it was dropped off in your driveway.
For this reason, if you do decide to buy from a traveling show, you must get everything in writing, even if it is promised to you verbally. If you expect to have your hot tub delivered to your backyard, make sure it is written in the contract. Otherwise, you will have a several hundred pound item to move before you can park your car. If the contract doesn’t explicitly state that you will receive a cover, cover lifter and steps, you aren’t getting them.
The Spa and Sauna Company will always deliver to your backyard. Most of our spas include delivery, a cover, a cover lifter and steps. There are some exceptions, due to the style or size of the spa. However, if you do select one of the few spas that does not include certain accessories, you can rest assured that we will make that clear to you.
- The salespeople at the show may allow you to believe that they have a local showroom and service department, while they actually are based far away. You will not be able to reach them for delivery questions, routine service or repair issues.
At The Spa and Sauna Company, we have 3 showrooms in Reno and Sparks. We service all of the region, including Lake Tahoe, Northern Nevada and the Northern California Mountain communities. We also have water care and service departments. We are open 7 days a week. If you happen to need assistance while our showrooms are closed, we can be reached by voicemail, email and web chat.
- The salespeople may reassure you that the hot tubs they are selling are chemical free and you don’t need to add anything to them. That is simply not true.
We, at The Spa and Sauna Company, know that all hot tubs require water care and routine maintenance. We have many different water care options available to suit your unique needs. We also send out instructional material via email to help you care for your hot tub.
- Check their reputation. While salespeople at traveling events pitch their shows as a once in a lifetime opportunity, they visit several times a year, which makes much of what they say suspect.
Here are some reviews from a traveling spa show that frequently visits the Reno area:
So far the experience is the worst!!! This place has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Good luck if you ever try and call them, you will always be forwarded to a voicemail…!!! – Sean S, Yelp Review
Do not buy anything from this company. You will regret it. – Bob M., Yelp Review
Worst company ever!!! Do not buy a spa from them. They are overpriced and salesmen are pushy. – Emily K., Yelp Review
Do not buy a spa from these people. They are scam artists and do not provide what they say they will! – Izzy M., Yelp Review
In comparison, here are some of the comments from our happy customers.
The service department went above & beyond again! – Bernard G., Google Review
These guys are great. Very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The delivery guys made a difficult process look easy. Quick, too. – Arthur E., Google Review
5 star service, helpful and polite. – Carolyn Rose, Google Review
Super positive experience. Everyone that we have dealt with has been super helpful and enjoyable to talk with. – Jess M., Google Review
The Spa & Sauna Company has created a wonderful experience. – Edward R., Google Review
Great service all around! We love our new spa! – Stephanie B., Google Review
To read the Google Reviews from The Spa and Sauna Company, The Spa and Sauna Shop and Reno Hot Spring Spas and Billiards, click here.
We hope you consider these reasons when you are shopping for a hot tub. We would be happy to help you in your search!