Sign-On with The Spa and Sauna Company for a $1,000.00 Bonus!!
Are you ready to work with a fast growing premier home leisure and wellness company? Are you a team player that takes pride in attention to detail and customer service!? If so, this is the job for you!!
Junior Retail Sales Clerk
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Jr Retail Sales Clerk responsible for accepting payments & making change for customers, assisting in the restocking of shelves and general cleaning of the sales floor. The Jr Retail Sales Clerk will also be responsible for obtaining customer lead information, for customer service opportunities.
Scope of the Position
This position will work with customers, vendors and teammates with positions located in California and Nevada.
Under the direction of the Sales Manager, provide a full range of junior sales clerk services including but not limited to:
- Assist customers with merchandise as required.
- Calculate and total price and tax on merchandise and accept payment by operating POS machine.
- Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
- Printing barcodes and attaching to merchandise on showroom floor
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Obtain customer information and accurately enter information
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Calculate sales discount to determine price.
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise from inventory coordinator.
- Keep the showroom clean and orderly.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Competencies
The position will require the following qualifications, values and competencies.
High school diploma and one (1) year retail sales and/or customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1.Excellent customer service skills.
2. Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, vendors, and teammates.
3. Ability to identify and connect to customers, educate on merchandise and service programs.
4. Ability to use point of sale and cash devices.
5. Ability to learn about merchandise.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks, both independently and in a team setting.
7. Excellent organizational and accuracy skills.
8. Ability to use Microsoft Office, Infusionsoft and other software.
2. Customer Satisfaction Focus
3. Service Orientation
*This job operates in a retail business environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,000.00 – $37,000.00 per year
Excellent Pay and Benefits Package including:
Medical and Dental Insurance, Automatic 401k Contributions by Employer, Profit Sharing, Flexible Work Hours, PTO, Sick leave and Vacation Pay